How to Determine Whether Your Home Requires Waterproofing?

By getting waterproofing done, you can keep your residential property in the best shape since it will not be affected by water. But how to understand whether waterproofing is at all needed for your property in Perth, WA? Well, to determine the same, you will need to look for certain signs which we will discuss here. 

  • Cracks on the Outer Walls of Your Home

Is the outer surface of your home filled with cracks? Did it occur in just a few months? If yes, it’s time to call waterproofing contractors in Perth, WA, since sudden appearance and spread of cracks can occur due to leaks. However, by getting waterproofing done, the issue can be fully resolved since water will no longer be able to seep in and disintegrate concrete.

  • Musty Smell or Related Odour

Are you suddenly experiencing odour or a musty smell from different parts of your home? It is an indication of internal dampness. This is a sign that there is a leak or multiple leaks in your house. Thus, in this scenario, you should not wait. Rather, you should call waterproofing specialists since they will find out the leaks and apply coats that will inhibit the entry of water inside your building and help retain its integrity.

  • Ugly Stains on the Surface

If you notice ugly stains on the surface of your building, it might be caused by water. So, in this situation, you should get your building checked by professionals carrying out residential waterproofing in Perth. You should do this without delay since stains caused by water seepage not only make buildings look ugly but also cause tremendous damage to the internal walls of buildings. So, getting waterproofing done on time is the right solution to this problem.

  • Dampness Visible on the Walls

Are you noticing dampness on the outer surface of the walls? It’s an indication that your home requires a coat of waterproofing. 

Dampness occurs when enough water has permeated inside the building. In this scenario, if waterproofing is not applied, the integrity of your building can be affected by moisture. So, making the right decision at the right time is important.

  • Mould and Weed Growth

Does your home have mould on its outer or inner areas apart from weed? You can consider this as a sign of water damage and therefore, you need to book a provider of waterproofing services in Perth. 

You need to call the waterproofing specialists fast in this scenario since both mould and weed growth on the outer surface of your home is harmful. However, when or if you have a coating applied on the surface of your home already, you can avoid this problem.

  • Insects Attracted to Your Kitchen and Bathroom

Are you noticing a lot of insects in your kitchen and bathroom and especially near or around the sink? It is a sign that there might be a leakage that is causing dampness. And insects are attracted to damp places. So, you should call the Perth waterproofing specialists who will apply a protective water-resistant coat.

Finally, if you notice any of these signs on your property, you can infer that waterproofing is required.

Get a Free Waterproofing Quote Today

To get a free waterproofing estimate from ABC Tiling and Stone, fill out the online form and click the ‘Get My Free Quote’ button. For booking, call us now.